Skip to main content

Chest Thumping Hard Rock & Blues - The Floors

http://thefloors.com.au/


The Floors massive sound gave the audience a powerful aural assault from the first drum beat. This live performance was one of the best I have seen in a while. Right from the get-go, this crowd copped a good ol' helping of west-side love that was LOUD! Hailing from Perth, The Floors are brothers Luke & Ryan Dux with Drummer Ash Doodkorte...they describe their sound "Like a steam train through your chest"...I describe it as having bold yet intricate bass that is so sexy it floors you;  skins tighter than your Nanna's purse strings and a great variety in showing influences spanning Blues, Rock and little punk. One of the more recent tracks, 'Join the Fight' I feel is aimed a little more at the radio audience as it is a little softer than their other material...that's not to say it's not good, I love it. Reminds me of Grinspoon & other such rock bands with guts. My fave release so far though is 'Built From Bones'.

https://www.facebook.com/TheFloorsBand


They site influences such as Neil Young, Creedence Clearwater Revival, Billy Thorpe & the Aztecs, Howling Wolf & Muddy Waters, it is all very evident the more you listen to. They awaken the deepest vaults of your rock/blues love expressing full throttle drum beats, exposing open cut vocals & a slithering bass that wraps around your ears like a python squeezing you into submission. Have a little listen to the link below, & if you like it dirty, hard & loud...get onto The Floors!

#newdiscovery #thefloors ‪#‎blues‬ ‪#rock ‪#‎perthrock‬ ‪#‎supportlocalmusic‬ ‪#‎welovenewmusic‬ ‪#‎killinit‬ ‪#‎triplej‬ ‪#‎ausmusicmonth‬ ‪#triplejunearthed‬ #feedyourlikemind


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

PLANET - The Struggle for Support is real for Emerging Artists

Words of wisdom for every emerging artist from PLANET's Matty Took. I wanted to start a conversation about the reality of following your dreams in the music industry in Australia. We want young artists to understand these challenges a little better & know they are not alone in the struggle.  Your bio states that you had several years of trial and error in your songcrafting. What was the defining moment you found your rhythm and were happy about what you were producing? I feel like every band or musician starting off doesn't really know what “their sound is” or know what their vibe as a musician is when starting off. Especially when they throw themselves in the deep end at a younger age, without any ‘behind the scenes’ work and no label behind them. This was us, as we just started playing straight away. We’ve all played in a few different bands in our time so hundreds of songs have come in and out. Our defining moment was probably about 3 years ago when we start...

The Art of Rhyming with Kudos

"I find art in the details of everything...the little details..." When talking to lyrical mastermind Kudos, it's apparent this man immerses his mind in rhyme. From the day he was first shown Hip Hop music at the age of 12, he was inspired to give it a go. His brother helped him hone his writing skills, and his father to polish performance art. Adulthood brought the freedom of inclusion into the wider music scene and from there his world flourished into the professional nature of the industry. Having integrity to lyric was something taught early on, "What are you saying? You gotta say something." his brother taught him. This was important in forming the basis of knowledge to improve from just having a flow to move into that next level. When I asked Kudos where he drew his inspiration from, he explained that he was very blessed to be able to find inspiration from many things and being able to tie concepts together to intuitively to make magic. I ask...

The Heart of Irish Tradition Beats Strong.

I had no expectations as I took my seat in the stalls mid evening, the crowd shushing around me and the last few shufflers finding their chairs. After a warm welcome to the show with Plastic Fantastic opening the set, a beautiful rendition of Summerfly was performed by Katherine Allan. I say warm welcome because it felt as if I was sitting in on a big family reunion of sorts, where all were part of the extended family. The stage was set with simple yet stylish banners & lighting, and the Sasta musicians sat perched on their stools keen to get on with the show. A few introductions were made and then the traditional step dancing began. As the fiery, champion dancers took the floor, my breath was taken away by their remarkable talent. It was clear that the heart of tradition was beating strongly throughout this first set of the performance. The team performed in great gusto with traditional green velvet dresses for the ladies & a smart casual look for the guys, which...